Friday, May 24, 2019

hell on wheels

Reaves and I actually read a couple of books this morning and played.  There were people in and out all day so she didn't get down for her nap on time thus she turned into a drama queen refusing to lay down or take a bottle.  There had been older girls around and they just love playing chase with her which got her wired to the max.  By the time I got back to the 'burg, Lauren sent me a picture of her sleeping soundly.  I knew she would give it up once we all cleared out.  One brave neighbor pulled all the poison ivy out of the tree right in front of Lauren's door.  Thank you dear!

Traffic was light considering it's the beginning of a holiday weekend.  That had kinda' sorta' slipped my mind until yesterday.  Time flies!  No festivities planned here.  Just another day in paradise.  

I spoke yesterday about the tragedy that has affected many in our community.  Landon was killed in a car accident earlier in the week and it has hit a lot of us hard.  Both of his parents and his grandmother are former co-workers of mine and my heart bleeds for them.  It was a terrible freakish accident.  I cannot imagine the grief.

Of all things to lose, the latest is my hairbrush.  It's somewhere in this house unless Ellie scooped it up and ran with it.  Luckily I have a very low maintenance cut.  

Y'all grill to your heart's content and bring me a plate.


No comments:

Post a Comment