Monday, September 2, 2013

outside the grid

Today was my last of three in a row and it wasn't a bad run. It's still hot and soupy but I've got air so I'm okay. A couple of days off will give me the opportunity to finish up my scavenging and focus on cleaning the antique pine chair and settee that came from my great grandmother Ethel Hamilton's living room on Pate street. There's an end table too but it's gone. I still have Gaga's stuff because really...who needs a formal dining table? I do good to get food on a paper towel and into my mouth before a dog gobbles it. Ryder found my protein stash yesterday and commenced to eat every bit of it because the kitchen counter is head level with her.

I've made a decision about blogging which is pretty reasonable considering the fact that I need my job to pay the bills buy new clothes and all so I can find me a sugardaddy. Anybody who's really been online knows who Dooce is and what happened. That name is actually a verb now as in "you're fired because of your social media activity." I kid you not, this very outspoken Democrat over in East Tennessee named Bubba lost his job when he was "outed." Someone was actually looking to do him in because of his liberal views and love for UT football. That was almost ten years ago, and it still seems surreal that things can happen that way. Big brother. So, I just have to keep it all separate. Using FB as a way to share things is often a really neat thing to do but my blog is anything BUT not controversial so it shall remain in blog land away from those who might choose to take it the wrong way. If you write it, they will come. And if it offends you, please leave.

And then there's the tall grass to be mowed because of plentiful rain and probably several snakes in it too. I'm tired beyond words and coming off steroids for an upper respiratory infection. I Googled sarin (there's the ultimate application turned verb) and it made me twitch just thinking about it. Colorless and odorless it kills within minutes or hours and the poor folks never even saw it coming. HOWEVER..I'm just scared enough of the fact that it even exists to ever think of supporting military intervention. Since when does a country that doesn't even defend its' own people think they owe it to the world more than to their citizens? When it makes money, that's when. War is big business and it's what brought about the prosperity that our parents and grandparents enjoyed following the Great depression. It was a very sweet time to grow up.

I sure do hope somebody ate some ribs for me today. My gut is so unaccustomed to that kind of food that it literally makes me sick the next day. We eat lots of chicken, fish and pasta and veggies plus cheese. Whatever is easy....we both love to create and experiment and sometimes the stuff turn out kind of raunchy but it's fun to try.

Ya'll keep the faith ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment