Saturday, September 28, 2013

i wish you enough

That's all I've ever expected is well, just enough. I've never had any sort of dream about being rich and pampered, inspiring instead to less lofty goals like being a good friend and mentor. One of my co-workers reminded me that I'm the one who taught her to draw blood and that was a LOOOONG time ago. It was all part of being a generalist in a small town settin where everybody got raised up to share the duties that come with the job. Somewhere along the way I lost sight of myself and what makes me happy and failed to keep the two separate. We all know that when things go south in one part of your life you look to something stable and giving just to keep the faith. Thank God there are people I can call like my old friend the undertaker who will just listen and nod like a wise counselor.

I've realized a lot of things during this extended valley period and one of them is that work is just that and nobody CAN't be replaced, including myself. Today's corporate model is to get rid of the old timers and hire new grads who make much less. More money to the shareholders, if you know what I mean. Little did I know when I began my career at 23 that I would find myself looking for a change at this point in life. Yet I am and will continue to because the gifts that I have been blessed with shouldn't be wasted in unappreciative folks. Jesus wouldn't like that.

Several years ago I was asked to interview for a position at the local high school and I was intrigued with the idea but not so much with the $$. I wish now that I had gone for it and let the money work itself out. Coulda,shoulda woulda. But there are other high schools and other opportunities for someone who has been involved in all phases of healthcare. I'll send free pecans to those who help me network!

I am where I am as long as the financial situation is what it is. Plan C is looking more and more clear. I'm gonna begin work on D next. Wish me luck, and keep the faith.





No comments:

Post a Comment