Sunday, September 8, 2013

goodbye yellow brick road

Yep...it's still hotter than hell and dusty too. Plus soon the corn will be harvested and all that GMO dust will be bombarding us. "I think it's just allergies" mama said as I sniffled my way through eggs and doughnuts. She's worried about me, bless her heart. When I dropped 'em off I just asked her to pray for me and that was quite the humbling experience. Her hugs make everything better. They had me a card laid out on the counter but had forgotten to sign it so daddy took care of that while she got into the house. "mom and daddy". I have been truly blessed from being their daughter for 58 years. Money can't buy that.

So between sentimental tears and the epizootie i'm pretty much clogged to the max. This week looks pretty full and all so it's chill time here in the hood. All dogs are lounging and Michael McDonald is singing so it's good to be me at the moment. The baby who comes to stay with us brighten our lives has a brother and sister who are both learning the ins and outs of taking care of one which is totally GOOD birth control for teenagers. I can barely remember BG being that age, but I remember it was cute as heck and lots of fun. Learning to sit, crawl and stand is like one big freakin' adventure for a little one. Boogs is learning to play with toys now and likes to talk like really loud but he has to in order to be heard. Oh, and he can roll over too. Genius, I'm telling ya'll.

We got to discussing class reunions today at the doughnut place when my friend Amy came in for sick bed doughnuts for her guy. Mine is in late October...40 years. And her sister's will be 60! I remember being with them when their dad died, one of my first amateur hospice experiences. My career has given me plenty of opportunities to expand on that. God is good...all the time. When I was a senior in high school I fell slap dab in love with a guy from Chicago who had moved in at the last minute. Different? You bet your ass. I followed him to Memphis and decided that Shelby county just wasn't for me and hightailed it back to the 'burg in August of 1977. Been here ever since.

Since we're faking it 'til we make it, let's expand on that thought of perhaps a jammy job for the old Poopster. If I could get paid to do what I do, aside from the fact that it steals the joy out of it sometimes, it just might help me get off of the hamster wheel. I'm so behind on e-commerce that I don't even have Paypal. Hey..I've been busy. My brother and his wife have found a way to make work WORK for them and their family. Their publications are family focused and full of local flavor. Prior to that they had a very successful online home based business. One thing's for sure, I need more memory for that kind of undertaking! Don't think the ancient Dell could handle it.

^j^







No comments:

Post a Comment