Sunday, September 22, 2013

exit, stage left

I was in a play during my college years about the life of Helen Keller. My cousin was Helen and played her to the hilt while my dog Brandy was a prop for the family scenes. That was also when I ruined mama's silver trays by serving eggs on them. Who'd a thunk it? Anyway that was the extent of my acting career along with a performance as Janis Joplin on Stunt night. I was damn good back in those days. And now? I have my moments.

Today is BG's birthday and she's sleeping off a dinner with daddy while I piddle around the stuff that is my constant companion now. Once you have drug some of that shit out and moved it around about a hundred times, it needs to go. Sale-a-palooza! The sheer shedding of physical baggage is empowering as I let go of what has been and accept what is and will be. My life has been filled with blessings beyond belief in ways that I often wouldn't have figured during the depths of despair that I inevitably go to. crying now and then is good for the soul. As a habit, it's a diagnosis code. End of that chapter. I'm a big girl and need to act like one.

We have watched Hot Flashes like six times and still I can't get enough of it. There's something about a snotty holier than thou bitch that just makes me want to kick ass and take names. But of course who am I to judge which people are like that. Hey...I'm sitting square on the fence with a strong left lean and looking for some inspiration and miracles from this idiot Congress and everybody who serves there. Give it UP people....you've already got more money than Big Ernie and a little bit less won't hurt a bit. Your fru fru daughter might have to miss spring break at the beach but..umm. We'll all keep the faith for her, bless her little bitty heart.

And Amen ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment