Thursday, September 19, 2013

and god bless the pope

He's a very popular guy these days because most people who attend "his" church have been putting up with some pretty squirrely shit over the years including but not limited to unrealistic expectations. I mean gah..Jesus was all about love and miracles and wine and stuff not restrictions and altar boy abuse. I'm not the pope or anything but it seems to me that if you take a vow of celibacy unless you're superhuman, there's bound to be some consequences. The way I see it, Francis is a very valuable answer to the conservative out the ass politics du jour. People..chill!!

It's been hmm, seven months since Debbie died and she has missed an entire growing season here on earth. If I know Ronnie, it's been done in her honor. Almost a year since Faith died in my lap with her head in my hands and I lost my own. I'm here to tell you, if the law shows up in YOUR driveway following the dude who is coming to bury YOUR best friend, you would be pissed as well. Just saying. I almost went to jail for the first time in my life that night...dammit I can't stand an arrogant SOB with a badge and a dog. That's the night that nobody would work for me the next day so I trudged on in there and did my duty with a broken heart and puffy eyes. Like..real puffy and red. Gumby and I put her in a plastic box that night so that she'd be cozy until burial time. By morning, there was already a smell. He dug for hours, or so it seemed and BG and I wandered around in a daze wondering how we would ever learn to live without that pretty girl. Yet we did.

To say that we prospered would be hyperbole because it's been the leanest and emotionally hardest year of my life, and hers too. Recovery is a funny thing because it finds you when you least expect to give up and say "i don't know the answer". What are they gonna do, take away your birthday? I think not. The day you were born was a hot one when I walked those steps to catch the elevator up to OB. Noler had been timing contractions at home for 2 days and both of us were wore smooth out. That was about 10AM and twelve hours later you were pulled out with forceps because I was too tired to push anymore. There was a sign of distress called meconium in your amniotic fluid so Bossfriend drew a blood culture to make sure there was no infection. We were not for profit then and your daddy and I got to eat steak in my room before we headed down Tickle street to your first home. Those six weeks of maternity leave were the one and only time I have been away from work for any length of time and they flew by as we sat on the porch swing and got to know each other. I hauled your little baby butt up in that lab at the tender age of three weeks and you've been part of us ever since. Once you're in with the fam, there's no way out.

I talked to my old friend Julie's brother today and she's in a bad way with cancer and all up in the hospital where they give you chemo and stuff to save your life avoid a lawsuit and make some money. He said that they just want to get her home, yet that's not what's going on. Sad but true ya'll.

I'm off for two days and have lots of plans. Since nobody wants the treasures and if they do they can PM or text there are plans for a visit with the grands, bossfriend and who knows. There will be some Mexican up in that plan somewhere...with tequila. Only way to go for the birthday girls.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment