Tuesday, September 24, 2013

in the moment

One of my guilty early morning pleasures is listening to The Big Show with John Boy and Billy and all them. Jackie and Oliver. And the guy that says "hey big man lemme hold a dollar!" And of course there's axe Ike and the Reverand Billy Ray Collins "on the frontage road." BG and I have shared a car many days with Oscar riding on the console giving sugar as we head toward the day. He's cool like that but will bite your ass in a heartbeat if you touch him while he's asleep. It's a terrier thing.

I'm hanging out here with all four dogs while it rains and the house gets not clean. I will get there I'm just not awake yet...slept in til a whopping 10:30. My MOTHER actually got up before me which is a new thing and called to tell me that if it didn't come a monsoon she would be going out with Miss Jeanne for lunch and her mani/pedi. As soon as we got off the phone the bottom fell out so I hope she made it. She seriously needs to get OUT of that house.

Reading about the possibility that the British woman is in the middle of this deal in Kenya gives me chills because who would profile that? She looks just like any other 29 year old white girl out to make a name for herself. I mean, her husband's already up there with the virgins waiting for her. Or not. God is not violence and death. God is love, I don't care who you are.

I have a day or two to straighten up the junk shop here in the office so that the table can be moved out. There's another one in the attic that I will bring down and paint for this room. And chairs! It's awesome to finally be excited about something....ANYTHING as an escape from real life.

Later peeps. Keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment