Monday, September 16, 2013

more violence in the midst of miracles

Between the time I first checked the news and went back, AT LEAST 12 people died at the Navy yard in DC at the hands of possibly multiple shooters. All of them innocent and going about their business at work. Standing four floors up and shooting at unsuspecting diners in the cafeteria is about as low as you can go, even by mass shooting standards. Picking them off like target practice. My friend told me about how the Glock is designed to kill with its' lightweight carry and deadly accuracy. Not sure what these folks had because they're still on the run. Sadly, the story will unfold over a number of days as the NRA plots to keep everybody armed because it's their right. BullSHIT! It is not your right to own an automatic or semi-automatic weapon most especially without a background check. I read a letter from the mother of one of the Sandy Hook victims yesterday that was written to the teachers and kids starting this fall. I was speechless, and that's something unusual for me.

I'm on the edge of pneumonia and trying to avoid it at all costs because the timing is bad. Hah! Isn't that the way life rolls out for most of us. My last six weeks have been spent hoping and wishing all the while selling off things that mean something to me which has been kind of painful but necessary. I'm happy to say that Gaga's table and china cabinet will stay in the family for another generation or two. Plan C worked out this afternoon and I'm looking at a much more manageable situation financially than what I've been enslaved to. The way that the whole deal came about is a miracle in and of itself of the sort where you go "oh..that's what that was!" I was so excited I called propane guy and told him I'd be needing some gas so I can cook something...anything!

No more news here...just peace for the moment. I'll take it ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment