Saturday, September 8, 2012

cherish is the word

Times are hard ya'll when the ones of us who usually have breakfast money are found to be counting pennies for dollar menu takeout. The trickle down has finally hit home. What I see happening is a growing unrest among the highly taxed middle class which may or may not end up being an anarchy sort of thing. When you're working hard and paying to take care of people on both ends of the spectrum in income. The GOP attempts to put a big fat happy God is Great face on it and I don't think that Big Ernie could at ALL be pleased with our greedy ecologically destructive ways. Meanwhile the red dog is still circling the house but the porch is blocked off so he can't crawl under it. Last I saw, he was chilling on an antique chair up front, both of them enjoying the fall like breeze.

I got an email from my cousin who lives off the coast of Washington telling me happy birthday and describing how she grabs a toddy and devours what I write about! Because she knows all the players, it's especially interesting. Also got a half price card from Paducah KY which tickled the SHIT out of me. I'm telling ya'll..when the apocalypse shows up, I hope I'm with those two. With a basement full of canned and frozen produce they're good to go. Right now I'm listening to a CD of Linda Ronstadt who is totally my hero, made by a friend. *waves at kevin*

Many years ago there was a series of books about not sweating the small stuff and I still have my volume. My definition of the size of said stuff is to do two or three things mostly basic life functions like breathing, waking up to see another sunrise and whatnot. Otherwise, you're six feet under or blowin' in the wind! Unless of course you become a Dung beetle like Old Hoss did.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment