Saturday, September 17, 2011

today's word~ underemployment

When BG and her friends were early teenagers I noticed that the exclamation that seemed the biggest tribute is uttering one single word. "Word!" We occasionally still use that one along with "Thank YOU!" and "I'm saying." Sometimes there's just nothing left to say so you stop talking and start praying or at least attempting to approach life in a prayerful way. That is NOT what is happening in Washington and I'm just about as pissed as I've ever been in my life. If Congress sees a running Stafford fit up in there, don't say I didn't warn 'em. The bottom line is that they aren't listening to US, the ones who elected them. They are, in some large degree, there because it makes them a lot of money or if they've already got that....a whole shitload of power to which MUCH stewardship is due as a thank you to voters. I can honestly say that I'm no longer a party member but a damn disgruntled voter who will take the time to wade through independents who have honest solid backing that doesn't include corporate USA and Wall street. I'd hate to have to go a second round with that fiasco.

I can't even remember how the week started except with high blood pressure because I ran out of meds and couldn't find anybody to see me until Friday. She did call me in some to get by and turned out to be an angel...sweet.as.pie. I got to bond with my old friend Cassie as well which is always good. She's even got her own desk and stuff! The BP was down, but not far enough yet. I guess it's true that you can't go cold turkey with something you've been on a while. I definitely felt the "rebound", and still kinda do. Not that my life is STRESSFUL or anything, right? Right. We all know better.

I was delighted to spot an old friend on a network today and found his smartass to be living in AZ still making music. He's Rvrguy who always tried to leave room for the drummer from back in my wild yahoo days. I'm glad they passed quickly! There was one other guy who became a dear friend and called me a "diamond in the rough" when he saw this farm and fell in lurrrrve with the wildlife and my cooking. The rest of 'em were just liars and cheaters. My one (and only official) date as a single gal was where I got hooked up with an older man who was just venturing out after a child's death and his subsequent divorce. To say I was petrified is an understatement. We just drove around after our meal and I cut it short. I was most definitely not ready for that. And I never have been.

For all of my patient waiting and giving up, a guy turned up on my front porch last year who is a long time friend. Four years out of a divorce, he had already done that head work and remains totally devoted to his three children plus three grandchildren. He works hard and plays crazy numbers of holes of golf, even in the snow and the dead of summer. And you know why? Because that's his passion! Somewhere along the way, I seem to have lost mine. I have always been a dreamer...and will never stop seeing life through those eyes. I am beginning to sense, in most every area of my life, that you gotta know when to hold them and know when to fold. I'm glad I waited.

Hopefully the weather will be vintage Norman Rockwell for the next month. Looking forward to October on the lane with a good camera is like waiting for Santa Claus to come. For the first time in several years, I see me having the spirit to make Christmas gifts for special people who "get it." Last year saw me scrambling to keep pace with work and family matters and the entire peace on earth deal just got rushed through to "git her done". The only bill that is delinquent now is to the poor old propane guy you know who. And winter comes right behind October and November on the lane. Note to self: Manage money more wisely or freeze in January.

In the words of my dear friend Marti Ann: "Let's clap hands 'cuz it's somebody's birthday!" Peace and love.

^j^

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you hanging on, doing the best ya can just like the rest of us...

    ReplyDelete