Friday, September 23, 2011

the american farmer

As I sit here in the living room/office and look through the fifty year old windows on ropes, I am amazed and satisfied that the view still includes hard working folks who know how to maximize crop yield with minimal damage to the wildlife refuge that surrounds us. Green farming, pretty much. There are some chemicals that are necessary, but the least till dig a lot of ditches philosophy still works around here. And that? Is because of the things that my brother learned from our father about farm management. He knows it like the back of his hand.

My KY cuzin shared a recipe for tomato basil jelly that is easy to make and to-die-for delicious on bread or as a topping for baked dishes. My partners in crime at the sawmill felt sorry for me know how I like to skip out early on a glorious fall afternoon before a weekend off. I was chompin' at the bit but managed to be graceful...take the offer and RUN to the beer store. I know..I'm pitiful.

BG had a big fat 27th birthday she'll never forget and we're both off for the weekend to clean up from two days of cooking and no laundry done. I about choked out there in the yard awhile ago taking pictures of the corn goings on but it's cool to just walk out the door and watch. Some army helicopters landed at the airport on the other side of the golf course, probably either shipping out or delivering home soldiers. Don't even get me started on that because I'm headed for the zone where it really doesn't matter. TV land!

Muah ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment