Sunday, September 4, 2011

time passes by

I'm sitting here on exactly T-6 days from my 56th birthday listening to a very special gift from a Pennsylvania friend. Currently playing is a Kathy Mattea duet with the guy..Battle Hymn of Love. I know the female part to that one like I know the back of my hand. Way back when I plotted to do that one with my friend Billy who was doing construction at the hospital. We wowed 'em with "Achey Brakey Heart"...I'm just saying. We never got to sing that duet because he died of a massive heart attack in the tunnel under the sawmill. Forty three years old, and we had unresolved issues at the time. That's a killer...when you don't get to say I'm sorry.

We did the breakfast thing this morning and daddy almost choked on chocolate doughnuts in the back seat. Had to pull over and do a little back slapping. BG has my car so I was left to pick them up from church in her itty bitty doggie wagon. She takes all three for a ride most every day! Daddy had to sit with his new boots propped on a basket full of stuff. On a beach towel to cover the dog hair. Faith talked to mama on the phone yesterday and that just thrills her to no end. I wandered around at the check-in for exhibits at the fair yesterday and saw a lot of old friends. My mentor in all things feminist and Methodist was in for the day and we sat on aluminum bleachers while she ate volunteer food. We caught up with what's going on that's relevant. Mostly we just enjoyed sitting side by side again. I took Count Zubrovka's gift and took some pics. My favorite, and his, is the one of the stone entrance gate that was transported from uh? Forrest Street? Next to the old bus station.

Gotta run. Eva Cassidy's on and I feel some more ugly tears welling up. Love ya'll. Mean it.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment