Tuesday, September 6, 2011

now where were we?

Oh yeah...a cool front came through just in time for fair week and everybody's ecstatic not to have to tromp around and sweat while flirting with boys or keeping up with kids. I spent the day out there Friday taking fun random pics of people bringing in their stuff for judging and was informed that the "official" photographers met at the end of each day in the office with a full card so somebody else can edit and cut. I think not, dude. When I take a photograph, especially one with people, I know that they trust me to do the right thing and share appropriately. I haven't been sued. Yet. Years ago, I made a page for the kudzu bar and wandered around snapping pics of all the fun times there. I did the same for my brother's nightclub(s). Bev called me up one day and said that somebody who was marrying somebody didn't want their pic up in there and could I take it off. That's when the whole thing went *poof* into cyberspace. Sometimes people are funny, and not haha.

I choose not to live my life that way because, frankly, it just takes way too much energy to be pissed off or mean. I love a good hug...the longer and tighter the better. My karma tells me that every time I embrace another person or animal that way, some of their happy stuff flows into me. The reverse is true for hurt or anger..the bad things that are painful but are easier to take when shared. To me, that is unconditional love. And we all know who Love is.

BG and former roommate (aka BF who travels) and I caught an episode of "Ridiculousness" and laughed our asses off, as usual. Ditto for last night's Chelsea. I love that we share comedy together because it's just so much MORE fun when everybody gets it!! As Virgos we celebrate our birthdays in the same month and I will always remember my 29th, the one in which she was born following a lot of swelling and three days of labor. I had the usual six weeks off and we sat on the front porch swing on Tickle street watching the world go by and bonding. The dress that she wore home from the hospital was purchased from the gift shop at the hospital where my grandmother and I worked. And, yes. I still have it.

This is the first time during major elections that I've had the luxury of actually following political movements outside of the MSM that is corporate teevee. Remember, this is the middle aged smartass country girl who learned about the interwebs the hard way...self taught, so to speak. It was mandatory for the technology that my job involves and that led to new and different views on the state of our world. Thanks Al...from me AND att.

I've already had one birthday celebration at work yesterday and feel sure that the week will bring a few more. That's the really cool thing about expecting nothing. You can always be surprised.

Keep the faith ^j^

1 comment:

  1. We finally got our hot spell, maybe a week or two expected of plus 30 Celsius degree weather. Glad it worked out for the fair.
    hugs and prayers, as always

    ReplyDelete