Friday, September 2, 2011

mama said there'd be days like this

The gal who's gonna take 6AM duty off my hands is off with a bad knee so I've been up at the asscrack of dawn the past couple of days so I can pay the bills. It seems as though Big Ernie decided that I don't really NEED a sugardaddy because my character isn't quite strong enough. Thus, the continuing saga that is Poopie's life. We're all on different hours around here so I tiptoed into the kitchen for some caffeine this morning only to find the kitchen floor covered in soapy water, dammit! Must have been the washing machine blowin' a hose or something. It was only then that I discovered the old ceramic sink with glasses floating in it. And water on the lovingly placed tiles of the counter. AND under the microwave.

By golly we saved a life today though, me and my buddies up at the sawmill. The surgeon and the anesthesiologist picked up when they came on duty and dealt with a ruptured spleen. That's a big blood sort of case, and we had what they needed thanks to donors around the west Tennessee area. I give all of them attaboys for doing what had to be done in a very serious situation. I reckon Big Ernie was at the wheel on that one because the nursing supervisor showed up to fetch the first batch and the rest of us tag teamed on the end of the case. All's well that ends well. I remember one night that didn't turn out quite like that. This man had a AAA that our vascular guy got called in on, the one with the ego. Our pathologist at the time was a Cuban who didn't have much of a backbone and demanded that I do something that I knew wasn't right. We spent 24 hours trying to fix that situation before the blood bank in Memphis called me asking what the hell we had done. I will never do that again, as long as I live no matter who says what. Fire me, umkay?

Oscar is NOT gonna like this, but it's bath time for his nasty ass. Ya'll come help if you're not busy listening to John Boehner and Rick Santorum eff with Barack Obama. If you are? You're probably not interested in doggie baths. Republicans get their dogs groomed.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment