Saturday, September 10, 2011

birthday and anniversary wishes

I am floored that so many people took the time to wish me happy birthday in some form or fashion. I got more hugs yesterday than I've had in years and that's always a good thing. The only part left of that cake left is my head and that will be gone by tonight! That was SUCH a memaw gesture, and I pity me on the first birthday when she's not here to make it brighter. There was mucho beer as well, which is also always a good thing. Especially when one's birthday falls on a Friday before a weekend off.

Now about those anniversary MSM "tributes". Just like all ya'll I was absolutely stunned the day our country and sense of security went to hell in a handbasket fueled by jihad anger and passion. Nothing in my lifetime can compare to that day as far as sheer terror and WTF!!!!!! For about a week, our country reeled in the horror that was the WTC and Pentagon bombings followed by a courageous attempt by yet another plane's passengers to save each other and us. The people on the front lines and those who lost loved ones that day will never be the same....but then, neither will the rest of us. I will light a candle and say a prayer tomorrow asking Big Ernie not to let anger and hatred cause us to blow up the gift of mother earth. A tribute like that is bound to be heard.

It's a beautiful day in the 'hood and the dishes are done with laundry in process. Sounds like a good time to pull out the camera and do some wandering.

Love ya....mean it.

^j^

2 comments: