Wednesday, December 8, 2010

state of mind

As my old friend Mr. George would say "Oh, boy."  Some people see the valleys of life as something to be attacked with a vengeance, just another hurdle or dare waiting to be taken.  Unfortunately, I'm not one of 'em, these days.  Life has taken on such a surreal pace that I keep looking for the pause button just to get a break from daily drama.  I was sort of quiet today at the sawmill, thinking about the deaths of Elizabeth Edwards and our dear friend Miss Ruth.  Ms. Edwards seems to have more than her fair share of bad karma, thanks to the MSM smearing her bad news all over freakin' everywhere.  Miss Ruth?  Her life will never make CNN, but she damn sure made an impression on me and my family.  Rest in peace ya'll.

The more December days that pass, the more I realize that all of the futile time, energy and money that has been spent in the past on the holiday season is nothing compared to the times we spend together as a family when we get the chance.  Sometimes that's waiting on an ambulance and sometimes it's sitting quietly with a box of kleenex.  What matters is that we are there for each other come hell or high water....literally!!  There are boundaries as to what can safely be put up with before a full blown clusterf**k comes to be, but normally those are the turning points and decisions are made that have been put off for ages.  That's been my experience, anyways.

For those of you who are of the spiritual sort, I'd like to ask a favor.  There is a person whom I love that is deeply troubled with life and searching for direction. Please pray for this soul and for Big Ernie's will to be done.  That's all I want for Christmas.

^j^

3 comments:

  1. Consider my prayers joined for the cause. Here's to the Christmas spirit getting back to the basics that started it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and Ernie, sometimes we talk. I'll say my piece for your friend.

    ReplyDelete