Monday, September 2, 2024

what have i gotten into!

It is day 4 with Roellen and things are kinda' dicey.  I had to leave this morning to get my tire fixed and when I got back she had destroyed the living room.  I tried to lock her in the bathroom but one of the doors doesn't shut so she escaped.  She is currently kenneled in the kitchen to settle her ass down.  And she ain't taking it well!  In her defense, she is used to being outside at the foster's house with a fenced yard so we are on a major learning curve.  She ran the cat outside who did not return to eat until this morning.  Poor Rosie.  She and Oscar got along because they were here together for the past 3 years and he was old and used to her.  This is a whole 'nother story.

Happy Labor Day to all!  This is opening day of the Dyer County Fair and the weather looks good for the entire week.  By my birthday it will be highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s which is what I call perfect weather.  This month looks very busy and I am not at all up to it but I'm trying.  At some point I need to go see my girls because I'm missing them like crazy.  It has been one thing after another with the car, new dog and lack of energy.  Once again, what was I thinking??  I did not anticipate how hard it would be taking in a new dog.  We sleep well together but....

My tire had a hole in it but nothing was found like a screw or nail.  Tammy told me that it bothered her and if it went down again to bring it back at no charge.  My liberal self got treated to a waiting room full of Trumpsters talking shit about all things "illegal immigrants" and how our power is being taken away by the government.  Plus a side of homophobia.  I just sat there and kept my mouth shut because I was outnumbered and  knew it.  I may have choked on my water a few times.    

Roellen has stopped barking and is used to doggie jail for the moment.  Thank you Johnny and Lisa Keeling for the loan of a crate.  We will work all of this out eventually.  Faith tells me that ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment