Wednesday, September 4, 2024

total chaos

Me and Roellen are getting used to our "loose" routine thanks to anxiety meds and whatnot.  I crated her this morning when I went out for a couple of hours to do interviews for SHE. When I got home some guys came to work on my dryer and told me that it was "poorly vented" and a fire waiting to happen.  That is fixed now thanks to Jason Butler.  Roe was excited at first but calmed down in spite of the noise.

I checked the news when I got home and it was all bad.  Another mass shooting and Israel being hard ass.  Not our circus no matter what Biden says.  When did we become rulers of the world and send money to save it?  Oh, it was back when during all the wars. Vietnam was a trigger point for me.  I remember watching it on our black and white TV thinking WTF??  I was just a teenager but it made an impact.  Those vets were treated horribly when they came home from service.  Same for all of the others.  PTSD everywhere and no support from our government for their service.  Presidents will come and go but support of veterans is major.  Agent Orange.  Burn pits. All the things.  War is hell. Putin is bad.  And you know who loves him.

My rant is over.  I draw about 1700 a month from SS which I earned while working.  It is not an entitlement. I saw the money come out of my check every month plus FICA.  I never dreamed that my retirement would be like this.  Next week I will be 69 and inflation plus healthcare costs mean that I have less disposable income for food and gas.  This is because of corporate greed.  I don't qualify for food stamps or other assistance because of my SS income.  Some people say I want something for nothing and that is not true.  I just want to survive and keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment