Tuesday, September 10, 2024

birthday girl

Poopster is now offically in the last year of her sixties.  How did that happen?  I had an unusually great day and felt better than I have in weeks.  So many people reached out to me, and not just on Facebook.  My birthday fundraiser was for Paws 2 Care and the donations hit exactly on the day.  Yaya brought me lunch and I got many calls and texts.  Plus, Bubba gifted me with some beer.  He who doesn't "do" birthdays.  He always tells me it's just another day to him.  The older I get the more precious it is to make it another year around the sun.  

Roellen and I are still in training.  We take one step forward and two steps back.  The dog from down the road that knocked me down and drew blood came back around yesterday and I called 311 for dog at large.  Hopefully his owner got the message.  That dog has followed me from the house on the hill to down here which is a looong time.  

My free computer is kinda' dragging the past few days.  I'm not sure if it's the connection or the laptop and I don't know how to figure it out.  Yes, I am tech illiterate.  I feel grateful just to be online however slow it is.  

I put in a request for some refills from my PCP this morning and as I was shopping at Pet Sense his nurse called and said I needed labs before they could do that.  It's been awhile so I told her I would be right over.  Being an ex lab person I gave high praise to the phleb who actually got it the first time with a straight needle!  I have actually grown a vein in the left arm where the big one was scarred to hell from donating blood.

I ain't gonna lie....I feel my age. Not in my head, but in my body.  I am slow, clumsy, can't see well and tired all the time.  But really, that is nothing new.  I am clumsy by birth!  I reckon I'm always in a hurry.

I got Roellen some oats and brown rice bones at the doggie store and she is currently shredding one in the yard after I kicked her out of my bed.  I will give Sadie one when she comes to visit.  And I will keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment