Sunday, February 25, 2024

walking on water

Today's sermon was about Peter attempting to walk on water after Jesus said "come here" to him .  He asked him to trust in the one who had performed countless miracles in front of him so Peter stepped out of boat but got scared and doubtful.  That is what made him start to sink.  Poor guy still didn't believe in spite of all he had seen.  I can identify with that ya' know?  I myself am a living breathing miracle after several near death experiences yet I still doubt at times.  One of my favorite quotes lately is "Fear is what if.  Faith is even if."  One of my friends asked me recently why good people suffer and I had no answer for that.  Those of us who try and give and help the least of these often suffer devastating life events.  I don't think that freedom from problems is something that you earn from being good.  Tragedy does not make judgement on character.  It just is what it is.  

One of the most chilling stories that I have read lately was about a little girl who trusted a family friend to take her to the bus stop.  He murdered this child by blunt force trauma and threw her body in the river weighted down with a rock and rope.  This child trusted the guy.  He was part of her daily life and lived on the family property.  He had taken her to the bus stop many times before.  What went wrong?  Only God knows where evil lies.  

Anywho...it's warming up here but still windy as heck.  I am hopeful that the propane I have left will last me until it's full on  warm weather.  That is my rambling for today.  God bless you and your mama'n'them ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment