Wednesday, February 14, 2024

going green

It's been loud out here for a couple of hours with a plane flying low over the farm spreading fertilizer on the wheat. It already looks great and will probably make my grass grow too.  Oh yay!  I have checks ready for all the people that I owe and Mayberry is one of them.  So is Butch.  And Pierce.  and ummm.

I sold about a thousand bucks worth of Pampered Chef and thanks to all who ordered.  I have a wish list of things that I would like to get with my part of total sales.  I was about to have a beard so I went to Headlines to see that crew and Nina waxed my face smooth as a baby's butt.  It was good to see all of 'em. There hasn't been much money in the budget for beautification, if you know what I mean.  

Life is hard, according to Scott Peck.  Every little hour and day and week of it presents new challenges.  I was told yesterday that my eyesight, though not terrible, is on the downhill side.  So are my kidneys.  I had a long session today at Dynamix with my favorites and feel much better.  Their client base grows by word of mouth because of their techniques which are not the usual PT.  As long as I have 20 bucks I'll keep going back.

Tomorrow is food pantry day and I may be sore but I'll work through it.  My partner and I can fill enough bags for the week in about an hour.  Then, onto other adventures. Two of my fellow church members are on a mission trip in Honduras.  When you look at the grand scheme of things and how fortunate we are, it's a wakeup call to help the least of these get electricity and water.

I have never been a Joel Osteen fan but I hate that another person with a gun went nuts and hurt others.  Same for Kansas City.  If we put all of our efforts toward responsible gun ownership instead of getting into the business of other countries, it might make a difference and save someone's life.  Like kids and innocent by-standers.  

I am such a little fixer of things like my mother.  Secrets were hidden from me until I was way into adulthood and those things shaped my life.  I knew bits and pieces but now they all fit together.  With age, comes wisdom.  Sometimes.

I scored zero on festivity at Dynamix today but some of them wore heart sweaters and hoodies.  That made me happy and reminded me that it is, indeed, the day of love.  My parents are celebrating their heavenly anniversary.  

All is well ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment