Wednesday, February 7, 2024

under construction

 I've been pretty silent lately which is not like me.  I remember one time that my friend Chuck in Washington told me that I was a consistent blogger.  Ya' think?  Not so much lately.  I tend to write more when times are hard and right now I'm feeling blessed.  I have a home and a cat, and a car and food.  Many people would think that this is paradise.  And to me?  It is.

I've gone full circle since I moved into this cabin in 1956.  Somehow it took us a year to get out here but I was a newborn so I don't remember.  Most of my memories are of growing up on this farm and all that was involved with that.  Daddy always did a garden (huge) and Mama processed all of it by hook or crook.  We always ate good,  Daddy had cattle so there was the usual  hay drop off for those heifers and their babies.  One time my ex got caught by one of 'em and pinned in by the gate at pregnancy check time.   He never helped again...LOL.

There were horses, one named Thunderbolt.  He lived at the barn just right past my house.  When I was on the hill, there were two.  Poor Pride froze to death behind the barn and is buried there.  I ran into Gerald Brandon at breakfast yesterday and asked about his 80th birthday party.  He is now our Samaria Bend elder and has been for some time since Mozella passed.  The rest of us will just have to keep the memories alive by word of mouth and pictures.

My most fav photo of all time is of this very cabin during the gravel road time in sepia tones.  It was taken on the western side of Samaria Bend from the road.  I'll have to find that one.

Y'all be blessed ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment