Thursday, February 22, 2024

hippies

I met my dear friend Casey Lou through Mamye.  She cooks her little ass off in the Pepsi Pavilion close to Four Points and it is always great.  There's a flea market going on next door for the next three days so she's going in at 4AM to prep for the crowd.  Today's lunch special was roast with taters, carrots, corn and cornbread.  Plus carrot cake and a drink..  You can't beat that with a stick.  Normally I pick up something and save it fr supper, or "lupper" as it is often called.  I can't eat big all at one time anymore because of you know what.  Gotta' space that shit out, so to speak.  

My entire body is aching due to this incoming front.  I'll be returning to Dynamix tomorrow and again 3 times next week.  It is money well spent for my well being and peace of mind.  During treatment the practitioners chat with me and ask where it hurts.  Then the probing begins and chat changes to "there?  no, there??"  My team has me covered and the sessions often go long which I like.  I'm a sucker for extra attention My friend Carol has actually sent me some Hokas fo' free which I truly appreciate  I think that most of my leg and back problems are related to poor arch support.  

I hope all y'all are able to reach your loved ones on the day that all the towers went dead.  I was able to call and receive as usual.  Me and Reba had a long chat and then me and Mamye got out for a bit.  We cussed every single driver who didn't have the lights on today.  It's so simple, ya know?  Use your blinkers and slow down.  Ain't nothing worth getting killed over even if you're late for work.

I remember one morning during a spring flood when I lived on the hill.  I was due at 6am and headed down the lane to a pile of water which I didn't really know that I could make it through.  In the dark.  I called my boss who wasn't happy and told her I would be there when it was daylight.  And I was.  That poor Camry navigated so much flood water it ain't even funny.

Mozella's house is still on fire, with Keith tending the flames.  I am happy to see it go in spite of all the memories.  As it turns out my stray cat is living down the road from Charlie's house and getting fed and watered.  And it's a girl!  We gotta' come up with a name for that kitty.

May the peace and grace of Christ be with you ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment