Tuesday, February 20, 2024

off the grid

I don't know y'all is it just me or what?  It seems like a decade of Mercury in retrograde or some such.  I need to sage this house and start over one.more.time.  I know that there are ghosts in the attic and all over the place but I reckon they watch over me every day.  That's a good thing.

Today was a busy one involving visits with friends.  My mission today was to find a flyswatter and I achieved that.  Me and Reba may just smack that thing to death.  Lunch was at Patsye's cottage in Finley.  That little place is cute as heck and only about a curvy mile from the homeplace.  I swear to you, there is an egg sign in the front yard on the way.  Three bucks a dozen.

We talked a lot about memories and how we got from there to here.  Patsye's food was great and I do believe that cornbread crustini will be in the Back Burner sometime soon.  I was pretty glad to be visiting there instead of working down yonder.

It's so quiet out here that I can hear the birds singing their own songs.  Doves are soothing.  The rest of them just chirp because they're happy for the food.  I haven't fed them this winter except for a few crackers now and then during the snow.  But yet?  They keep on coming back.  That is faith ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment