Thursday, November 2, 2023

hurry up and wait

Well, my car is still not fixed and the rental runs out tomorrow.  So, with the help of a dear friend I paid $134 to extend it through the weekend.  This has turned into a huge ordeal, which most things of that nature will do when dealing with insurance.  I have NEVER made a claim on this insurance policy and pay over a hundred bucks a month.  I fully expect to be either cancelled or receive a huge increase in the premium when it renews in March.  How niiice.  I am grateful that I had it and that I wasn't hurt but dang.  

My ostomy is named Poopie and she gave me fits night before last.  I had two leaks during the night and another when I got up.  I finally just took a shower yesterday morning and started over with bag number 3.  So far so good on day 2 with that one.  Ostomates vary on how often they change and I usually can't go more than 2 or 3 days without something happening to require a change.  Output for my type of ostomy tend to be liquid which causes leakage problems.  Then, when I take something for the diarrhea I end up with what is called "pancaking" which also contributes to leaks.  We walk a fine line because supplies are expensive and I pay 20% out of pocket.  Such is life.

I bought everything I need for Thanksgiving dinner yesterday plus something to eat until then because the cupboard was bare.  I abruptly lost my last sitting job with one day's notice so I'm grateful for the opportunities that have arisen to supplement my income and stay busy.  

Oscar is so much better with steroids and that makes me happy.  It isn't a fix, but it keeps him more comfortable and able to go for his walks which he dearly loves.  I think the cooler weather and rain have helped too.  I know it has for me.

Y'all keep on believing ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment