Tuesday, October 31, 2023

ring that bell

It's almost time for those Salvation Army bell ringers to hit the streets so y'all be generoua and don't just walk by like an idiot.  That is their only fundraiser for the year so hit your wallet.  It's all volunteer work in every area of service.

I went to my dental group's new office today and they were all dressed up like the game CandyLand, complete with colored blocks on the floor leading from reception to treatment rooms.  I couldn't help but chuckle at the irony of that theme in a dental practice!  They were all cute as pie.  

I never have trick or treaters out here so that saved me on candy.  If someone were to show up all they would get is a Nutella biscuit or a trick.  I feel sorry for all teachers tomorrow because of the sugar hangovers these kids will have.  On top of staying up late!  

I have learned the hard way, more than once, that there are certain things that I cannot share here.  Sure, it's my page and I have my opinions but I must be mindful of the privacy of others because you know....HIPPA.  I have unintentionally caused problems on more than one occasion which hurts my soul because that is not my intention at all.  Pretty much a justice warrior, I speak my mind on things like gun control and equality issues.  If I hear one more person say "guns are not the problem, people are" I just might shoot my eye out with a Red Ryder BB gun.  That is SUCH a cop out when mass murders are happening daily.  The rest of the world does not have this...just the good old USA.  Shame on you NRA and all those whose pockets you pad.  The organization that began as a gentleman's hunt club has morphed into a death machine for innocents.  It's all about the money.

Women's health issues are also a biggie with me like the right to choose.  When Roe v Wade was overturned it basically left the issue wide open for conservative states to put their own restrictions into place, without a thought for who will care for these children.  Often the mother's life is in danger.  It is beyond ridiculous.

Finally the GOP has chosen a speaker of the House who sounds like a real doozie.  I don't know how much worse things will get before the Republican party gets their heads out of their asses and chooses a centrist.  As a Democrat, I could go for someone less radical even if it were a Republican as long as basic human rights are addressed.  

Speaking of human rights, Gaza is in crisis again and there appears to be no end in sight.  Israel has ordered all these folks holed up in hospitals to move south and like, how?  There is no fuel or means of transportation.  The entire healthcare system is collapsing and no aid is coming in.  How very sad.

Y'all don't get spooked by anybody today, especially black cats.  My kitty is sound asleep in Oscar's bed and he is out enjoying the day thanks to some steroids.  It ain't his time yet.  Keep the faith ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment