Sunday, November 12, 2023

hope

Our stewardship campaign is in high gear and I love the way that our congregation does what they can.  It doesn't always have to be money...maybe time or service.  I've done those type jobs and it gives you a different perspective on how the other folks live from hand to mouth.  There are generational cycles of poverty and abuse that affect the "littles" and then they grow up to be angry.  Or mentally ill and lost as a goose.  Yes, we indeed have a problem.  There have been so many school shootings in the southeast that it should scream NRA, but no.  Because we're red.

The death penalty in Tennessee is again active with somewhat over a hundred inmates being held for decades at a time for things that, sometimes they didn't do.  Prosecutors can be tough and unless there is a great big table of nice lookin' lawyers sitting there you are out of luck.  Much of it is racial bias because we are, ya' know.  Dixieland and all that.  

Anywho, here we are.  I was today years old when I learned that the UMC is against the death penalty.  I know that I personally was but it was nice to hear it read out of that book of discipline. My time at Dyersburg FUMC has been what keeps me out of the ditches most of the time.  Well, except when an 18 wheeler hits me!

I'm scheduled to have some root tips pulled this week and have an ear infection so I'm kind of like...one thing at a time.  Poopie gave me a hard time last night but it's because I ate roasted pecans.  I just could NOT help it they're so good.  Thanks Mom for that recipe and many many more.  

I'll be cooking enough for an army on Thanksgiving like mama always did so if you don't have a place to eat come on out.  And bring a chair ^j^ 


No comments:

Post a Comment