Wednesday, March 30, 2022

ready for the storm

It's been all over the weather reports today and is due to hit here within the next hour.  It's a BIG one with very high winds.  As I was driving home from paradise I was dismayed at how many folks were driving without lights and how the wind was rocking my car.  Gusts can get up to 50 mph the weather dude says.  I noticed when I got in that the electricity has already been off once today.

I've learned a lot about wound care since my ginormous surgery and one of those things is how to treat an ulcerated stoma.  I knew I needed silver nitrate but no pharmacy in town had it and my GP told me to see a surgeon.  Problem is my favorite surgeon doesn't accept my new insurance.  A friend of a friend helped me out with some sticks so that I can do it myself.  I'm "almost a nurse" remember?  It's not something that I look forward to but having an ulcer is dangerous and painful so I'll bite the bullet.  

I have both a funeral and wedding shower to attend on Sunday which is bittersweet but true to life.  My ceilings are leaking again so there's towels everywhere.  It only happens when there's high wind with the rain.  The problem has been identified but it's like pulling teeth to get somebody to do a small job like that.  The "handyman" hasn't been anywhere in sight despite several calls by the landlord.  

Y'all hunker down and walk the way the wind blows ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment