Tuesday, March 22, 2022

miracles

Lerd y'all it rained like in Africa all day.  We made a quick trip to to the 'gentral when it broke for a bit.  I needed toothpaste and toilet paper!  Ms Doris is working out there now with the young ones and she thanked me for letting her go in front of me to buy her snack.  Gotta have 'em.  She's at least a hundred and can still check folks out.  Everybody knows her and appreciates her service to a multi billion dollar conglomerate.  I remember when they started laying concrete all over the South for new stores and our friend Gumbler was one of those rolling them out.  Kroger is no better, nor Wallyworld when it comes to fresh food.  I would LOVE to buy local and in fact that's my dream.  Grow it, grass feed it and raise it.  Then sell it to people who hate what the big box stores have to offer.  Of course I couldn't do all that but I could give folks the option if I had a spot.  I have reached out to landowners here and yon to seek opportunities to do that.  Nobody wants to play.

I am acutely aware of what pesticides and hormones do to the consumer of agricultural consumers and their health.  I may just have to buy some free range chickens and keep them safe from the predators out here which would be impossible. There's coyotes and foxes and snakes and whatnot.  I can't help it ...I'm just a farmer's daughter with a dream.  I remember getting flogged by a rooster out in our chicken house when I was a kid.  Scared me to death!

Pardon the rambling.  I'm just in a mood ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment