Monday, November 30, 2020

wonder woman

Picture this, if you will.  I am 65 years old and in pretty good shape physically but not really super strong.  My microwave caught on fire yesterday afternoon so I tossed it out in the yard by the cord.  I have also been carrying around the blown out tire from last week in my trunk ( along with cans to recycle ) and there is a huge trailer from a waste company parked at the cabin which has been there during the entire remodel.  So, here I go down to the trailer to get rid of said items before the trailer is removed, which will be soon.  The tire was easy but that damned microwave almost did me in lifting it up and pushing it over the top of that monster.  I was giving myself a pep talk the whole time like "come on janie...come ON!"  After several attempts I managed to get it in there and was quite out of breath.  Ah..the joys of single life.

I was happily tapping on the keyboard early this morning when the power went out unexpectedly.  It was really weird because it took the LED bulbs in the office ceiling about five minutes of dimming then coming back on and then finally going out.  It scared me because I thought it was something in the wiring.  Come to find out there was a widespread power outage of unknown origin in this part of town.  It was back on in thirty minutes.  Thank goodness because it was a mighty cold day with a stiff wind from the northwest.  I will have to keep the water dripping for the next few nights no doubt.  Plus we were treated to a few spits of snow this morning.  

I had a joyful afternoon with my clients and I have to tell you I'm stuck on the Kelly Clarkson show now that I get to watch real TV.  Joy likes it too!  Pearl could care less as long as we cuddle her.  

Y'all ready for December? You better be cuz it's almost here.  Roll with the punches and go with the flow.  Life will never throw so much at you that a tribe can't help you to navigate. ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment