Saturday, November 28, 2020

the crack store and other adventures

The most pressing item on today's agenda was picking up meds at the pharmacy because I was out of the mega Vitamin D.  I made a few stops before that ( Daylight Donuts had sausage rolls!) and headed toward town to get my pecans cracked.  There were only six pounds in my Lowe's bucket so I waited and visited with the guys while the deed was done.  I also picked up some local honey and snack mix which was a bit hot for me.  Patrick will get that.  Then I visited with Whitney who is creating the Minglewood mural at the pocket park where the building burned downtown.  It is right across from Pelham Myofascial and absolutely gorgeous work.  That makes two commissioned murals in downtown D'burg with the other being on the wall of Tencom/The Mill Workspace by Mary Lee Alford.  I'm a real sucker for community improvement like that.  

I still have turkey left so I see tetrazinni in my future.  Or turkey spaghetti.  I am negotiating with a company on a car and trying to work out terms that I can afford.  The dealership is in Humbolt and they have been very attentive and understanding of my needs.  She called today about two 2018 Corollas with very low mileage.  I told her what I can afford in payments and they will take the trusty old Camry as a down payment.  One brand new tire on that sucker and a fairly new battery.  My biggest problem is that LTD will run out in about two years and that is a huge chunk of my income.  So many details.  

I tried calling BC/BS customer service this morning hoping for somebody to help but ummm....nope.  It was voice mail hell.  I may have to lawyer up on this one.  Time will tell but in the meantime ain't nobody gonna' steal my joy.  

Happy Advent eve kids.  Remember what it's all about ^j^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment