Tuesday, November 24, 2020

survey says

I don't normally do surveys unless the service is exceptionally good or bad.  Mediocrity doesn't get a rating from me.  I made an exception today because I had the nicest quickest trip there in forever.  Plus Wanda urged me to do it so there ya go.  I'm entered in a drawing for a thousand bucks like a million other schmucks!   The DG chain is notorious for working their people to the nub by expecting them to check out lots of customers, watch the door for theft, stock the shelves on truck days and on and on.  They do now have self checkout which is handy for a quick card purchase.  Otherwise, I let them do the math.  They know they have a captive audience because there's one on every corner.  I was behind some lady the other day who bought about a hundred of those fake plastic Christmas flowers at a buck apiece.  To say that was time consuming is an understatement.  I have known many store managers over the years down there at Four Points and you can tell who has it on the ball and who doesn't.  This one seems to be improving.  

I decorated for Christmas at my friend Calvin's house today and the tree was right where I left it in the extra bathtub from last year.  He has a to die for place full of gorgeous antiques so that was a kind of joyful thing.  I hope he remembers me in his will if he kicks first!

The surgeon's office called today and he wants another colonoscopy before the big re-connect.  It's only been three years but I understand the reasoning.  That consult is not until Dec 15th so we are still a long way from the actual surgery.  Looks like it will probably be January.  Meanwhile, I'm picking out what goes with me and will move it slowly down there.  I figure that's the way it's supposed to be to get things ready for my recovery.  In the meantime, I get to keep my dogs!  My only must have purchase is a full mattress and box spring.  

Y'all don't be mean please.  Ever.  There's no reason for it.  People are doing the best they can in these days and times and we are all stressed.  Take a deep breath and just remember that you don't know what kind of life that other person is living.  Always take the high road.  And keep the faith ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment