Monday, November 23, 2020

til the dogs come home

They usually are around the house or on the lane when I come home but were not present when I got here this afternoon.  They have begun to roam farther because I'm gone more and I leave them out.  Lord only knows where those critters are!  I swear I saw a fox run down the road the other day so maybe he made a return appearance.  I just hope they're not down there "terrorizing" Smoochie.  I will hear about it if they do.  Smoochie is a little fru fru dog who never goes out of the house that I've seen.  She just throws a fit when some other dog runs through her yard.  She's little enough that a hawk could pick her up in a heartbeat. 

Update:  Ellie just showed up WITHOUT her brother Oscar.  That worries me because he hasn't been well lately.  Ooops! There he is scratching on the door.  Both of them are now sacked out.

I'm getting excited about our first Thanksgiving in the new and improved cabin.  Stove and refrigerator will be there so that will help.  I see this as a work in progress where there is no rush to get it done and that is a big relief.  After 32 years in the same place it's time to pick and choose what pieces go.  I googled how to convert a 3/4 bed to full size and have that in the works.  Baby steps.  Once again, it's a blessing to be able to pick and choose and sell off the rest.  

Still no tree or Chinese shoes.  The shoes are being held by customs at JFK for some odd reason.  Five to fifteen days from now for delivery I was told, once they are released.  OmegaWalk is the company I will reserve my review until they arrive.  

Our evangelism team did a thing where volunteers wrote on church supplied cards to let members know that we love them .  I was overzealous and signed up to do twenty so I didn't exactly go by the script.  Mine were short and sweet.  I got one today from Amelia Wilkes and it sort of shored up my faith in our fellowship.  Give and ye shall receive.

I don't know that I have ever spoken from the pulpit but that's on the agenda coming up in a couple of weeks.  It's like pulling teeth, I would imagine, to get people to do that but the cause is near and dear to my heart so I'm down with it.  I am on the periphery of church missions but I do what I can.  

Y'all get that dressing done.  Thanksgiving is on the horizon!  









No comments:

Post a Comment