Sunday, November 29, 2020

the dream of advent

I haven't made many church services in person because of you know what and the fear surrounding it.  We have to sit six feet between family units and I was seated with mine not knowing that they would be lighting the first Advent candle.  What a blessing.  When I was going in I saw Ms Polly stepping over to where the baby board held the name of her great grandchild.  There was also a rose in his honor.  

Shortly after that the girls arrived and we had just enough time to eat some mexicans and play a little. A couple of my friends dropped by with gifts to make the season brighter.  Lots of blessings today and I anticipate more.  I talked with my agent at Gene Langley yesterday and they are working with banks to try to get me into a newer car.  I can't tell you how much that would help a girl out.  I've been blessed by Toyota for 36 years and don't plan to change now.  Just downsize.

I pray that you will make time to be still and appreciate what Christmas is all about.  I used to wear myself out shopping for sweaters and shirts that nobody wore.  Now, it's personal.  A couple of the most precious gifts I ever received were a Cabo votive and a plush blanket, both of which I still use.  From my baby brother. 

Reaves has had the best time playing baby Jesus chess with the nativity.  She put all the animals in one pile and arranged the kings around the camel.  And there's mommy jesus and daddy jesus to go along with the babe in the manger.

It is quiet now, oddly so.  Solitude to reflect on miracles ^j^  


No comments:

Post a Comment