Wednesday, November 25, 2020

third time is the charm

I am currently boiling the third batch of eggs for deviling.  The first batch would not peel and the second one did great but I got the filling too runny. So, back to square one.  I'm sure the dogs will enjoy that second batch.  I refuse to do anything half ass so I must be careful with the mayo and sweet pickle juice this time.  

I went to pick up my Snoopy pre-lit tree at Big Lots this morning and it's already plugged up amongst all the mess that is my office.  I'm not even trying to keep things organized because I know I won't be here much longer.  I am prioritizing what I will need which isn't much.  The desk that holds my laptop is something that needs to go away and a new computer chair is on the list.  Other than that, mattress and springs and full size sheets.  I figure I have enough odds and ends up here to furnish the back porch which will be my go to spot.  Tiny little baby steps.  

My friend Lorna and her kids are moving today from Alligator Point FL to Weeki Wachee.  They are probably on the road as I type.  She has been diligent in finding the best place to live and school those grandkids.  I haven't seen her in over a year and miss she and the kids a LOT.  Thank goodness for FB and camera phones.

It is gloomy hear after an overnight storm that blew my garbage can into the middle of the lane.  The sun peeks in and out now and then and is pretty beautiful on all those grey clouds and what colored trees are left.  I have found myself often thinking about healing of relationships.  I can't say that there is a single relationship that I'm not comfortable with personally and I pray that families who have differences will resolve them.  We're all we have folks.  

If there is a friend or family with whom you are estranged, it will be good for your mental health to just meet in the middle and make amends.  Life is short and you never know which day will be someone's last.  Don't live to regret if you don't at least try to find peace.  As a hospice devotee that is one of my favorite things about the philosophy.  It focuses on bringing families and friends together so that a peaceful death is possible.  EK Ross established a hospice for AIDS patients in very close to where my brother lives.  I've always appreciated that connection.  Plus, there's Earl Hamner, dontcha' know.  Good night John Boy.  

Gotta' go fill out a survey for Big Lots so I can win a thousand more bucks.  Heck I would just take it in merch, ya know?  Y'all be happy and safe and blessed ^j^  PS....don't be mean.


No comments:

Post a Comment