Sunday, January 10, 2010

the middle of the end

I suppose if my life were a book, it would be close to the end of the story about how my family has lived and breathed this farm for54 years. Mama and Daddy brought me back to the 'burg to get born at the Baird Brewer hospital on the corner of Main and McGaughey, right across the street from the Methodist church. Daddy was a graduate of UTM and worked in the basement of that hospital as a plant pest control expert for the USDA. There was this old black guy named Herman who ran the elevator from the basement plum up to the next floor where they did surgery. I think they sell insurance up in there now.

The church across the street is where I pick my parents up two Sundays in a row and then off one. BG does every third. Bubba gets 'em there and we pick them up for breakfast at Mel's Diner. They know the drill and the waitress is to die for cute in a real country girl way. They help us clean up messes and get the eggs just right and even cook waffles and grits to go with the biscuits. And they're cheap! These folks will definitely get a cake in December.......

As is usual for the days of my life, when I went to grab the camera for the gorgeous pink and gray sunset, the batteries went dead. I hate it when that happens. The shadows were out of this world!!!!

Hope your monday was a lot less of a monday than mine was.

No comments:

Post a Comment