Friday, July 30, 2021

true story

My friend and I went to lunch at a local restaurant today and we chose a booth in the back.  She always tells me "whatever you're having is fine with me" so it's usually a speedy with cheese enchilada and cheese sauce.  We drank water and kind of looked around while waiting and I'll be damned if there wasn't some drama going on at the big table next to us.  Evidently it was payday for somebody's crew and the boss come up in there with new shirts for the crew.  All of them were drinking sweet tea and they sent back the pitcher of beer.  "It's paid for" said dude.  There were a couple of Latinos there who just kind of rolled their eyes at Mr. Wonderful making a big production of it.  

I asked if I could have a shirt and got an eyeroll from across the table. I had to ask again to get one, size large which I will sleep in and never wear in public.  I hate those kind of egocentric mofos. You know the type.  I think what bothered me the most was his treating these people, including the waiter, like they are inferior to his redneck Trump loving ass.  I could have started a brawl but that would be not appropriate for an old lady like me with another old lady in tow.  The Boss whisked on out after that and the guys were not far behind him.  Lerd.

It's thundering and whatnot around here which is nice.  Today's heat index was 115 and in the south that equals stay inside if at all possible.  Every little time a breeze blew through out at paradise I said thank you Lord. In case you didn't know this is tax free weekend for the great state of Tennessee.  Which is exactly why I'm glad to not be shopping for collar shirts in certain colors.  Reaves ain't there yet but it's coming.

My friends are bringing sweet corn tomorrow and it you play nice I'll share ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment