Wednesday, July 21, 2021

hold my beer and watch this

I bought a new car in December of 2020 and have yet to receive the title.  The lender said that it was sent to my old address and never came back to them because USPS did not deliver.  I called bullshit and asked to speak to my account manager.  Evidently I don't have one now since the vehicle was paid off quite quickly by an angel friend.  The best they could offer was a release of lien to which I said "bring it on" by email and snailmail.  

The smoke from the distant fires has made it to West TN from the west.  It looks like a bunch of haze.  I read today that the couple who did pyrotechnics at their reveal party have been charged in the death of a fire fighter.  What a stupid loss.  Stupid people don't get it.  At all.

I'm still reading Clyde, now on Where Trouble Sleeps.  Trouble is the dog that sits on the porch at one of those places in Listre NC.  I'll finish that one before the deadline and return all of them and renew the Rick Bragg.  I have several donations to read while I recover from surgery.  

I saw the cutest baby today at Headlines and she got passed around to all the stuff for snuggling.  Her skin was brown and smooth and she had a pacifier.  Little bitty thing not more than six months.  I don't care who you are, if you can't love moments like that you are dead inside.  I miss when Reaves was that age wanting to be held and rocked.  They grow up quick.

She is currently glued to a tablet with unicorn headphones that are seriously cute.  I'm hoping I can get her out of that mode and into some fun this weekend.  Cookie making perhaps?  Nah.  It's too hot for that.  It will be saved for Christmas.  I think I'll go outside and watch the sun set in a smoky haze.  And let the cat eat.  

Love ya.  Mean it ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment