Monday, July 12, 2021

skunk patrol

As I have mentioned before, there are several juvenile skunks stealing Al's food off the deck.  They show up randomly and my friend/yard guy called me when I was on the way home to tell me he saw four and one went under the deck.  Hmmm.  This is not something I expected.  So far nobody has been sprayed but it will happen if I don't get 'em out of here.  I love animals and all but....umm.  Just no.  My temporary fix was to move the cat's food onto the back porch.  That's what they were after.

We got a monsoon last night and the whole weekend looks like summer thunderstormy.  Whatever.  You sure can't change the weather. Or anything else for that matter.  Reading Walking Across Egypt again has reminded me of how important it is to reach out to "the least of these our brethren."  That means the ones who may not have lived the most pristine lives.  All it takes is one person to commit and get screwed a time or two.

I was at the chicken store today and a guy who hangs around the door all the time asked me if I had a cig to which I replied no.  After I got my propel I noticed him picking up butts on the parking lot and asked the cashier for the cheapest pack they had.  She asked what flavor and I said "I don't think he's too picky."  I slid them into his hand and told him to have a blessed day.  Random acts can make a world of difference.

I woke this morning to find the irrigation system watering the corn out back so I reckon the children got wet.  It amazes me to watch that for some reason.  I am so easily amused.  I am patiently waiting for my CBD cream to be delivered because my right arthritic hand is giving me fits since I quit Meloxicam.  Two weeks from today I will have some more answers about just what this surgery   all about.  I'm gonna' ask dude to draw me a picture!  Gigi is taking me because she knows Memphis like the back of her hand and I don't do well with the traffic.  Even though I lived there for two years I rarely used 240 choosing instead to travel Poplar from one side of town to the other.  That was around the time Elvis died.  

I haven't seen Reaves in two weeks so they're coming over today for some Gaga time.  I got all inspired to cook something different last night and created the viral Tik Tok pasta as seen on Kelly's show.  Trust me, it's to die for.  

So, Richard Branson beat Jeff Bezos into space.  Big whoop.  Think of how many people could be taken out of poverty with that kind of money.  But hey, it's theirs and they can get all the boy toys they want.  Is it just me or does that not bother you? 

Y'all blessed and remember from whence you came ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment