Tuesday, July 20, 2021

a joyful day

I had errands to run today and when I asked Joy if she wanted to ride shotgun she looked like I had give her the winning lottery ticket.  She really doesn't like being cooped up when it's pretty.  Pearl was mad at  her ( so she said ) for leaving but she got over it.  Plus I got gas, meds and paid my brother's water bill.  We read a lot these days but like to get out of the house as much as possible.  The weather on the deck was perfect for porch sittin' so that's how we ended the day.  

Sadie got two new dolla' store balls and we played fetch forever out front.  Bubba and I are both amazed at how fast she's grown and how fast she is. Oscar still won't play so we just let him watch the whole thing.  He lets me know when they're Wecoming.  There is a cooler breeze today in spite of the haze.  I see fall.  If anybody wants some free Halloween decorations see me in September.

My plans are to got to a funeral for one of mother's oldest friends with one of my oldest.  They have a shared history with the Cumberland Presbyterians of Dyersburg.  There ain't a dime's worth of difference between the Cumberlands and the Methodists.  Trespasses and whatnot.  It's all in the way we say the Lord's prayer together.  "Our father, who art in heaven...."

I watched Bezos and his crew go into space and it was interesting at the liftoff.  I'm really impressed with Wally.  She earned that ticket the hard way.  So the rich people get to auction offer outer space adventures for 28M.  Absurd.  Once again, that kind of money could feed and house a lot of homeless folks.

Namaste ~






No comments:

Post a Comment