Sunday, July 4, 2021

the pope and me

Well, we now have something in common.  He is having surgery for a blockage caused by diverticulitis which is what I had in 2020.  I wish him well because it was rough stuff for me and he's 20 years older.  Diverticulitis is very common but the complications can be deadly.  My mother survived two hip surgeries only to be taken down by a ruptured diverticulum that would have required a third surgery which she would not have survived .  It was a fluke....a red herring, so to speak.  I had symptoms for a good six months prior to the emergency.  Bad move, Janie.  I did go to the ER about 10 days prior in the middle of the night and the doctor blew me off because my white count was normal.  If I had it to do over, I would have done a tap dance on that stretcher to get a CT.  Hindsight is 20/20.  I also could have sued them for negligence but I let that go.  I was too busy fighting with the Marketplace and insurance companies while I recovered.  

So, yeah.  I'm scared about having this next one.  But I will follow protocol, get a second opinion and go from there.  Lauren and Reaves are spending the 4th in Jackson at a friend's celebration complete with water slide.  I'll save the sparklers and roman candles until the next time they come.  My parents always watched the 4th at the Capitol on the teevee,  They loved watching the Olympics as well.  Speaking of which, that poor runner who got put out for using THC has been done wrong.  It is not a performance enhancing drug.  It's more for relaxation and anti-inflammatory purposes.  It kills me that so many employers include it on their pre-employment and random screens while it's A-okay if you have a script for any other drug.  Thank you big pharma.

THC is actually a miracle drug and has been used for centuries.  I have some oil that I rub on the sore joint of my right hand because Mobic was messing with my kidneys.  It's a plant y'all.  Of the earth. 

Anyway, long may she wave.  I don't have a flag up but I believe our country is great and headed in the right direction for the first time in a LONG time.  The Delta variant will be what it will be.  Nobody knows at this point  Not even Dr Fauci.  

Oh say can you see, by the dawn's early light ^j^ 


No comments:

Post a Comment