Saturday, July 17, 2021

janie's got a gun

Well of course I don't....I would shoot my eye out.  One of Lauren's old boyfriends used to sing that to me.  I am such a music trivia type gal that I play "guess that artist" from the opening bars of a radio song.  Rock 92.3 makes it easy to cheat because they show the name of the band on the car screen but I usually guess it before it shows up.  I remembered having a conversation with somebody the other day about the original members of the Eagles.  Randy Meisner was the one we forgot.  He played both guitar and bass and was replaced by Schmidt.  According to Wiki his feelings were terribly hurt when he was not included on the Hell Freezes Over tour and Schmidt personally recognized him on several occasions for his history with the band.  So now you know.  He was very involved with the band and left only because of the constant bickering and a desire to spend more time with his family after touring 11 months out of the year on the road in the Hotel California days.  He was also a member of Poco.  

As for Joe Walsh, I first remember him with the James Gang.  I never heard of Don Henley or Glenn Frey before the Eagles but man....what a combination they were.  I have tried unsuccessfully to find a video of Long Road out of Eden with those famous Walsh guitar riffs that sound like gunshots. Of course, it was about the Iraq war.  I had two copies of the CD at one time and lost them both.  

It's hot 'round here.  And humid as hell.  I'm longing for the days of a 2.50 per day electric bill like when I first moved here.  I now pay for water because there is no well.  The big challenge is going to be keeping this thing heated during the winter.  Since I moved in February I missed most of the really freezing weather and made 30% last until it warmed up. 

It's now two days after I started this post and I'm finally publishing it.  I have one particular reader who gets concerned when I go off the grid for very long!  It's good to know folks care.  Y'all be careful out there and tell mama'n'them Poopie said hey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment