Monday, July 5, 2021

connecting the dots

It's odd how you don't put things together unless you talk with others to find out the news and find out who's kin to whom.  Another amazing thing is how much elders pay out of pocket for health care co-pays.  I am osteoportic and get Prolia.  Even after insurance I owe 200 bucks for an injection.  What is wrong with this picture?

Bone density was the culprit at first.  "Almost osteoporosis."  Do this, take that so you don't break a hip.  I've been compliant so far but it's not in the budget.  I'll take my chances on not falling. Which I often do.  First and foremost is a second opinion on the anamastosis.  That will require a trip to Baptist East again.  Road trip Patty!

Sometimes I think I know too much for my own good.  Working 40 years in a hospital will show an old girl some things and much of it ain't pretty.  Yet I was there for the important things like Conner's birth and my parents' death.  Um..plus several other close relatives.  I watched the dynamics of the whole system and didn't know how to fix it.  You can't fix for profit healthcare.  There's only one other option.  I say this because the ACA under Trump dropped me in the dirt last year.  So did BC/BS TN.  It doesn't have to be this way.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to JT and JB.  The ticket was expensive but it's on my bucket list.

Keepthefaith^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment