Sunday, July 18, 2021

a whole lot of ephesians

This morning's sermon included two different passages from Ephesians that Mary Beth expertly explained.  The bottom line was and is that we are all believers in one true God and though we come from different backgrounds and experiences, we are brought together as a vessel for God's will in our lives.  Power in numbers, so to speak.  It was good to be able to sit with my buddies Delores and Hubert again like in the old pre-pandemic days.  We even have bulletins again!  Praise be.  

I am going to a concert in Memphis next month and am already thinking that I will have a mask in my pocket in case I feel not socially distanced enough.  Even though I am fully vaccinated, there's all those people who are not.  Like about 50% in the state of Tennessee and Mississippi is a Delta variant hotspot.  Missouri is right behind it and Tennessee and Arkansas are also in the mix.  Does this surprise me?  Not at all.  We are all red states and this thing has become a political hot potato.  

The girls were here when I got home from church so we had some pizza and a short visit.  We are planning a sleepover next weekend so Reaves can sleep with Gaga which is what she wants.  Bring it on.  If there's one thing I've learned it is to make the little moments count.  We are not promised tomorrow.

An old friend stopped by unexpectedly yesterday with a toddler in tow who is a most beautiful little girl named Kennedy.  She was scared of Oscar so we left him in the house and she had a popsicle on the back porch with me and Del.  I just love kids.  

I am a peaceful loving soul until you abuse another of God's creatures and then it's on like donkey kong.  That includes kids and dogs and old people and disabled people and on and on and on.  That's when I can either blow a fuse, or make a difference.  

Keep the faith ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment