Tuesday, July 27, 2021

six months later

I remember vividly watching the riot on January 6th live on a big screen TV.  It came out of nowhere after a bunch of Trumpsters decided to stop the electoral vote count.  Now we have a bi-partisan commission investigating that terrorist act and I sincerely hope that politics will stay out of it.  One of the Republicans "knows for a fact" that Pelosi knew about the threats in December and did not act.  I call bullshit.  This is not about who coulda' shoulda' woulda' but exactly how it played out as it did. I have watched a lot of footage of the officers who were involved in the insurrection and I cannot imagine what strength it took for them to quell that situation.  It took several hours and now all the idiots who wanted their moment of glory on TV are being hunted down and prosecuted.  I imagine there was a lot of meth induced adrenaline going on and it was obviously well planned.  That will come out in the end.  The wheels of justice move slowly.  There is no scapegoat here.  It's just another example of how unprepared we are as a country to deal with disasters. These people had the same intentions as the 9/11 planners only they are DOMESTIC terrorists which means they have no regard for their fellow countrymen. 

My mother used to love watching the Olympics but that was before it became what it is now.  I admire Simone Biles for bowing out because the pressure was too much.  Even without her the team got silver, probably because she was such an inspiration to her teammates.  

I'm still exploring options on the surgery thing.  I called #2 surgeon's office today to give them the number to fax the orders for the imaging and nobody ever called back.  That speaks volumes.  So, surgery is still a looong way off.  I'm looking at other options like ostomy care which is, of course, not available here but can be done in Jackson.  I want a nurse trained in that type of  specialty because this may be a lifetime deal.

Other than that it's hot as hades and gonna' get worse.  My electricity is billed daily and I topped six bucks yesterday for the first time.  Lord have mercy ^j^

 


No comments:

Post a Comment