Saturday, July 3, 2021

spontaneous

My KY cousin used to rag me because I never did things on the spur of the moment.  Mostly because I didn't drive to Kentucky to see her.  At the time I was working fulltime at the hospital and she was a housewife.  She hated Dyersburg with a passion.  Seemed to take solace in being close to KY lake.  I went twice I think...once to each of her homes with husbands 1 and 2.  

I went by to visit her younger sister today and see what all is up in her backyard.  I must say it's looking good.  Her SIL built a large box last year which is full of goodies.  She amazes me with her design talents.  She and Charlie made pickles last night and listened until all ten jar lids popped.  I am missing all that with Reaves and it kind of makes me sad on occasion.

So as for being spontaneous, I took off on several missions today and made all of them count.  Me and JT went to visit at "the cottage" and arrived about 10 minutes after the huge tree across the creek fell.  Ms. Carolyn told her it would go.  She spoke from the heavens like "I told you so."  There were a lot of Forked Deer electric people out there doing the job of cutting that mama jamma up.  Yet still, they have no power because it ripped all the stuff off of the house.  UCMTSU.  I went to visit the Johnson family reunion before that and arrived just in time for Walter's prayer over the feast.  It is good to be known and have history together.

It is so foreign to me this division of the races and hate crimes.  As expected, several friends disagreed about my take on Cosby.  I said it and I mean it.  I am sorry for the victims of what he did.  As for the technicality?  That's how the law works unfortunately.  We are not the judges or the prosecutors or defense.  We know what we know because of the media.  Rant over.

I'm still waiting for a referral to the other surgeon for this anastamosis.   Y'all all know how the world shuts down on a three day holiday weekend.  Out at the cottage, Forked Deer Electric did a fine job of clearing the tree off the creek.  The rest of it is complicated. 

I won't have any kids to shoot fireworks with so I reckon I'll burn 'em all at once and move onto the 5th of July.  Grace and peace ^j^

1 comment: