Monday, July 26, 2021

plan c

Gigi took me to Baptist East today to see surgeon #2.  He was totally up front and honest about the risk of complications with this surgery.  He totally scared the shit out of me.  The bottom line is this:  a general surgeon who was on call and got me and saved my life.  According to #2, it is MUCH riskier to reconnect.  I would have died had they not did what they did in January 2020.  Now I'm faced with some hard decisions.  He ordered some imaging that he, at first, insisted I have in Memphis.  Said he didn't trust radiology at those "small hospitals."  After I told him that I had worked there for 40 plus years and totally trust Independent Radiology, he agreed to let me have them here.  So that's in the works.  After that, a colonoscopy.  Then we talk about what's left to work with.

I refuse to give up.  I could easily live with this bag for the rest of my life if it didn't burn and sting so much.  He told me to take Lomotil daily and not wait for the diarrhea for start.  Being proactive so to speak.  There is a possibility that I have a granuloma on the ostomy which is a quick fix outpatient thing.  At least I have more options now than before.  

Enough about that.  I was reminded today why I hate Memphis with a passion.  Especially when it's 95 with a heat index of 103.  My BP was "normal" which makes me quite wonky on a good day.  Maybe I don't really need that any more.  Who the hell knows.

Crank up the AC and fans.  It's gonna be a hot one ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment