Friday, June 1, 2018

beauty and gossip day

I keep my hair short because it's zero maintenance.  Every couple of months i visit Marla the wonderful at Headlines and she hooks me right up.  That includes facial waxing which is something I should have started years ago.  Even my elderly mother did it!  Besides getting the royal treatment from her, I got to witness a young black child get his afro tamed in the chair next to me while his Mom entertained him with her phone.  Cutest little dude EVER!  A visit to Headlines also offers a chance to get in a corner with Chucky and gossip.  Lord, the tales we can tell.  As I was leaving his next appointment was my late mother's lifelong friend Ms. Anne whom I have not seen since her son died.  We hugged and caught up and I showed her pictures of the cabin restoration.  Anne was part of the bridge club that rotated through that house for years.

On the way home the mailman was in front of me and he stopped and back up so I did too.  I wasn't sure what was up until he moved on and I then backed up to see the huge dead snake in the road. Okay, enough with the snakes already.  New life and all that.  I get it universe.  This one was unmarked and solid brownish.

We had some hella' storms here last night with about 2 inches of rain.  My brother the farm historian called to say he had spent time looking through death records for farm ancestors.  And he found a lot of what he was looking for.  The owner is trying to trace the property all the way back to 1800s land deed or sale.  Fascinating story.  

I'm not one to be adventurous on FB but I noticed a friend of a friend who looked kind of interesting so I sent him a request which he accepted.  I was kind of taken aback that he actually messaged me this morning and we had a proper chat once I got home from the running.  Friends are good.  All the time.  

Ya'll carry on with humility and keep the faith ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment