Monday, June 18, 2018

one day at a time

I had to go pay the past due utility bill today and thanks to a loan from a friend was able to not get cut off.  I'm still struggling with trying to make ends meet, so to speak.  What I make from selling things on the side is a real help.  There's another multi window deal due to go down later this week.  It costs about 120 a month to keep the yard mowed which will run from now through August.  I haven't heard yet what my BK payment will be post petition.  The word on that should come this week.  I'm three years in *sigh*.  I knew when I retired that things would be tight but didn't really feel it until now.  

Speaking of yard mowing, they're out there at it currently.  We've had just enough rain to keep it , shall we say, lush and tall. Yaya came for a much needed visit last night after walking laps at the park.  We have this ritual of saying "love you more" and seeing who gets the last word in before hanging up.  She brought me a picture that says just those words.  We go all the way back too...like to early childhood.  Our mothers worked together and played bridge together forever.  

I know I shouldn't look ahead, but I'm ready for fall and it isn't even the first day of summer until Thursday.  The heat is relentless with only a breeze here and there for relief.  I feel really bad for folks who are out working in it, especially if they don't have a place to cool off when they go home.  

It's time to go piddle and purge.  Y'all be careful out there ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment