Sunday, June 10, 2018

snooze and lose

I thought I hit snooze when the alarm went off this morning for church.  When I woke up it was 10:30 and church half over.  Hmmmm.  Must have turned it off.

Anna and her crew came out yesterday to get an old door she bought and we decided pretty quick that since she had a back seat passenger it wasn't going to work.  She and Steve came back this morning with the back seat down ready to haul that baby.  It was just BARELY sticking out.  I love me a woman with a trusty Camry.  I've hauled everything in mine from wheat straw to furniture.  The trunk is scattered with straw and minus a spare where the thief took it.  Wonder if he's still in county?  That was two years ago.  

We did, indeed, get a good rain yesterday and I had already watered so the garden is happy.  The way it's looking I'll have plenty of yellow squash to share!  I have to go out there now and then and train it to go a different direction so as to not overtake everything else.  Same with cucumber.  I've never used tomato cages but I think it's gonna be a necessity because of the compact area.  I gave 'em a little dose of calcium nitrate yesterday before the rain.  

As usual Trump is pissing people off and the ones like Trudeau who stand up to him are summarily dismissed as collateral damage in his quest to take over the world.  Woe is the USA right now.  I suspect that Mueller's investigation is dragging out as long as possible to have an impact on mid-terms.  Good move.  If nothing else, it should mix Congress up a bit.  

It's blazing hot still.  Reaves and Lauren are coming for an overnighter tomorrow so she will be confined to my room!!  That's okay....she can watch the penguin cartoon after we swing.  That being said, I've gotta get this house in order so we can cook dinner and have a clean fork.  

Happy Sunday to all y'all and your mama'n'them.








No comments:

Post a Comment